Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Surly on top...of not seeing Fringe (Fun Working Title)

What happened to my Space Channel, Tuesday night? Got myself home just in time to catch…not a new episode of Fringe…instead…Private Practice.

Perhaps some other time I might be in the mood for yet another hospital melodrama. I wanted to see Fringe, however. There even was the little Space swirly logo in the screen lower right corner.

They broke for sci-fi themed commercials. Returned to more hospital melodrama, preceded by the warning the following show contains violence, et cetera. Clearly, something was amiss.
With fifteen minutes left in whatever those medical practitioners were going on about (I was cooking dinner and no longer cared), the station suddenly broadcast those lovely multi-coloured test bars. Little Space swirly still bottom corner right. Test pattern vanished. An old Circuit show started up, filled the leftover time. At the top of the hour – the thing I guessed likely to show next came – InnerSPACE, the Fringe AfterShow.

Ajay and Teddy dissected the Fringe episode I didn’t get to see. Scenes. Spoilers.

And, today, not a burp I can find on any forum or blog about what happened.
I’m feeling some dread for this Saturday now.
Matt Smith makes his debut as Doctor Who on Space’ace’ace.

No comments: