Friday, February 3, 2012

The Russians...Are Here



Okay. So it’s a grainy pic, snapped during grey drizzle about noon on about the last day of January. Snapped with the office Nikon CoolPix, which usually sees duty photo-recording work-related stuff that’ll be reported on in fascinating work-related emails to persons-in-charge who reside in exotic locales I might like to vacation in. I’m probably the only one in here inclined to so...broaden the CoolPix’s photographing experiences.

I started to hear...geese. Work is in the vicinity of Vancouver Airport. I won’t be more specific about work, simply because it’s boring. Vancouver Airport, aka YVR, sprawls over a low island dyked off from the surrounding Fraser River estuary and the sea. YVR is on the flyway, not only for migrating humans, let’s just say. I’d heard geese before. It wasn’t remarkable.

I kept working. I heard more geese. Looked up. Saw nothing remarkable out the front windows. Yet more geese honked overhead. I stopped working, dashed for the Nikon CoolPix, because now I could also hear jet airliners, engines spooling on the taxiway and not going anywhere.

It looked like an invasion crossing the grey sky, west to east. Those snow geese aren’t from around here, by the way. They’re Russian.

1 comment:

Cathryn Leigh said...

Ha Ha.

But really I hate geese. It's a deep seated hatrid back in my school years whenthe damn birds like to camp out in the grass behind the 6th grade building.

They poops so much recess was confined to the paved bus lot... B.o.r.i.n.g.

And now the Russian Geese have one up'd them by staling a whole airport. Amazing! *giggles*

:} Elorithryn