Saturday, October 3, 2009

Z List

There's a lot to be said for doing these lists, really. Did my Saturday to-do list, first thing this morn: trying again to make a habit of doing it, as I used to, and wiring it into my brain, so I'll simply do it now, scribbling it, along with breakfast.

Also did another kinda list. We all have...issues going or gone wrong in our lives we hate, or don't like, if hate is too harsh a word. Figured why not jot that down. Not some long-winded rant I wouldn't wanna write or read, let alone bore any reader with in a blog. Just a list. Things going left in my life I don't like...hate, actually. Recalling now I never used to flinch from feeling strongly about anything. It was stuff cluttering my view of Saturday morning anyway. Figured by jotting it down, staring at it, in effect, that maybe I'd see something I hadn't seen before: figure out some spectacular solution, maybe...could happen...sure...

Well. No. Not resolved in a simple list. No simple fix blazed clear as morning sun. But I don't feel frustrated about it, not at all now. I don't feel I might punch my fist thru a wall...if I was the melodramatic sort who takes a very hands-on approach to moving architecture. Jotting down all that...stuff seems to have put out the fire of it in my head. It's all only a list now. I'm left feeling, imagining it, even, that I might have done something about it already. And that'll do me fine. For now.

Could call it...Z List, I suppose. Names are good. Naming a thing makes it a knowable thing, eh? Z List, okay. Any other letter raises its importance. I don't want that. It could never be a B, for instance. Today's A, the to-do list, isn't even that big of an A. It's only an organizing tool, really: a thinking exercise intended for pointing me in the direction I want to go. Today's Big A, THE number 1 to-do I did scribble this morn: GO MEET FRIENDS. Well, of course! Because it's
S A T U R D A Y. Pretty hilarious outcome, wouldn't it be, if the exercise goes wrong and turns me from human being to human doing?

No comments: