Saturday, January 14, 2012

Mid-January Harvest



I'd like to write. Yeah. Well, I suppose I am, even doing this. Right. Harvesting a few words.

So, okay, I won't whine then.

I'll resist the urge. Y'know, to whine. I will.

And if I really would rather be writing...anything else...any one, or every one, of the gazillion potential projects, or actual projects, currently in mind or merely drifting through...then now's really as good a time as any, isn't it? I am astounding myself that I'm comprehending the logic in this, and on a Saturday. There's only so much time available in the average weekend, after all.



Hmmm. Just doing a little math. If I allow fifteen minutes, say, of contemplation per each one of one gazillion projects, actual or, y'know, merely drifting by, I am going to run out of weekend, to be honest.

Okay. Five minutes per, then. And I'd best get started.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

are those your indoor tomatoes? gives you a taste of summer in the cold. heard Vancouver got a dusting of snow, eh? good and wintry, now.

Cathryn Leigh said...

I'm not a tomato fan, but those do look fairly yummy. :} If they aren't too acidic, then I might even like them. As to writing, you best do one minute and idea and hope you have some time to write on one of them? :}

Burndtree said...

Dusting of snow this past Saturday, Jack.

Blizzard conditions this morning in Abbotsford.

Currently...-6 C...-11 C wind-chill.

---
Yup, those cherry tomatoes are in an ice cream bucket on the south-facing windowsill. Ate the first slurpy fruit in September. Enjoyed a few New Year's Eve, too :)

Burndtree said...

Hi, Cathryn Leigh!

'Tried one minute per project.
But had to adjust it to a couple nanoseconds per, on Sunday afternoon :)

---
Those Tiny Tim cherry tomatoes tasted sweetest in September, plucked from the vine, in the afternoon, and still sun-warmed.