Thursday, January 17, 2008

Just a Test

Thought I'd be clever and try some of this Auto-Posting I've heard about --but, of course, haven't begun to research -- even now haven't gone searching for in Blogger Help -- however, since I'm in here anyway, removing my auto-post test-post (which did not work), just figured I might as well post this for the practice.

Prob'ly delete this later. For now, and here, this is typing practice -- or better -- thinking exercise -- writing on my feet, or scribbling.

Work eats up the week: leaves me wasted most evenings. Weekends just aren't long enough: should go three days, at least. And weekends are usually when I can post, which leaves those five days following when this little place in cyberspace fades, then vanishes from the search engines. Okay, call it vanity: I've gotten fond of posting - seeing me pop up in a google search! But I don't want to post empty This is what I had for Breakfast stuff.

So - Why not try this Auto-Posting? - Schedule something already prepared that will automatically post on a particular day. Sounds a nifty and useful little tool. Figured I could suss it out just by doing, or rather trying, just like some guy trying to assemble some assembly-required furniture -- and the manual's right here -- but he's certain he doesn't need it.

So I typed the test-post -- went into the post options' sub-menu beneath the post window -- set a future date and time -- then saved the post and had a look in Edit Posts.

Saw my test-post had saved as a draft -- which set groggy me mumbling This ain't gonna work -- because, logically, a draft is a document being worked on, not ready, and not okay'd to publish.

Still, figured I'd just let it sit, let the clock tick-tock and world turn -- until it posts, or doesn't, come the hoped for moment. I had no time at the time to search out any how-to: one-a.m., Monday morn, and I had to be up at six-thirty for work. And it wasn't anything that HAD to be posted --just a test.

No comments: