Thursday, June 18, 2009

Blogger Copy-Paste Broken in IE8?...Compatibility View Fix

I'll pretty up this post later, if it needs it.

I had a problem copy-pasting text into this blog.
'Paste' no longer functioned in the Compose window;
strangely, tho, I could paste in both the Title and Labels bars.
Guessed it had to be because of Internet Explorer 8, which I had decided to upgrade to...from IE6.

A very quick google-about returned the solution, from a very helpful IT human at Only Information Technology Matters

Way up on the browser page, beside the red Stop X-button, and green Refresh button, appears the handy green Compatibility View button. As another poster commented...I'm paraphrasing...it looks like a green sheet of paper, torn in two halves. Selecting that fixes this, at least.

No comments: