Monday, June 15, 2009

Vancouver's Number One Most Livable City...

Arthur Laing Bridge evening rush. Northbound gutter, aka bike lane. 23 degrees C, but feels like 50. Passing interview with a walker...

"So whaddya think about Vancouver rating the world's Number One Most Livable City?"

"Oh, I agree, wholeheartedly. Everyone's so polite, and friendly. Always smiling, too. Everything's so affordable. I'm walking, because the sun, the heat radiating off the roadway, it's good for me. Only incidentally saving the two-zone bus fare. I would be only tooo happy to work one hour of the four I got today, plug that hour into Exact Change Please, but, y'see, this is sooo great...It's a dryyy heat, man. I see your eye, man. Is this gonna be on the news?"

"Sure thing. Left eye's the zoom feature."

"It's like sci-fi out there, man...Soylent Green is PEEE'PULLLL! Fade to black."

"Oh...'kay..."

I am playing, yeahhh, creatively bending reality to suit my needs. So? No more than some others have.

1 comment:

J said...

Soylent Green is people! I might or might not want an unofficial shirt. Seriously, go eBay it.