Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sumatra, or Bust!

Karta, Adelaide Zoo's ingenious orangutan, sussed'out how to short out the electrified fence around her enclosure, by applying rather advanced tool use. A stick.

Heard a snippet on the Sunday mid-day news. Couldn't not play a little with that! Wrote up the playful little something Sunday night. Sumatra, or Bust! It needed enough editing, and I wasn't confident I could edit properly Sunday night, so that and any plan to post it had to wait 'til Monday.

But Monday was a workday. I got in early to work. Started a quick look around Protag, while the office printers warmed up. Saw the Monday, May 11, was RiverTalker's birthday. I logged in, and had only just tapped in Happy Birthday wishes when the phone rang, this immediately popped up, and that. Quickly tapped 'publish comment', glimpsed that it looked okay for RT's eye, and shut the browser...not even able to log-off properly. I did find time at day's end for posting Sumatra.

Also, figuring it long past time I paid at least a compliment to Elorithryn re her Sarah's Tale, I said so. Even as I'm still playing catch-up, reading her chapters in proper sequence.

--

It's begun to annoy me. The gadgets...Dictionary thingie...Hubble pic...not fitting the page just right.

No comments: