Saturday, May 9, 2009

Not QuickJot...Sat, May 9 '09

Too tired Friday night to attempt anything much. End result of too many nights up 'til one: days spent doing the job, nights playing catch-up. So much fun happening in Protag, too. I need a list.
Rac7hel's started Woes of a Bublishing Combany.
And there's Craziantix's The Anjini Wars.
There are the ones I can readily rattle off the top of my head that I've had time to be watching:
Mage Hunting, of course.
And MHSofPS.
A Study in Nomenclature.
Jack's Clockwork: A World of Choice.
And GodSeed...Night Sky...East Wallingford Chronicles...Paddytum.
A Writing Exercise (not seeking a rating)...Tad's Clean or Go To The Gym?
Whenever I can, watching for the new and the updated anything.

On Friday, I stumbled upon Elorithryn's Sarah's Phoenix: Scouting(part 1). During a break at work, just to see a bit of what she's writing, I clicked her most recent post, Sarah's Tale, the chapter partway thru.

A wow of a read.

A contemporary gal, with her contemporary mind, transported by magic into a medieval fantasy. Fantasy and Scifi elements, one of my favourite mixes. Tension between the sexes and feminism. And who doesn't like a little romance, eh?

But I had only read that one chapter, mid-story. Opened the book and started reading where the pages fell open. Yup...so I have all her previous chapters to finish reading, so I can tell Elorithryn how much I liked it, and know what I'm talking about.

But too tired last night even to go online and copy off her chapters for reading. Instead, veged, viewed videos, some. Decompressed on Discovery channel. Spread those paper scraps, notes scribbled during work, made a little order from the scribblings, drew a mindmap, roughly, before BBC's Click, and bed. Midnight, again.

Does seem true, what them brain-parters say. Even after a long workday, and feeling done in, still I'll somehow find energy enough to draw something, like a mindmap, because I'm using the other parts of m'brain not as tired. The same obviously applies to those writing all-nighters, when it's all clicking along so right and don't feel I ever need to sleep. And finding from...somewhere the oomph that enables marathon gaming sessions into weekend wee hours.

Hmmm...really wanna game tonight. And sleep. And write. And chat. And watch a movie. Can't I have it all? Sure, I can...just..how much and in what order?

No comments: