Friday, May 1, 2009

Head Clearing, May 1 '09

Time to clear my head.

What a week...the job, I'm meaning. Yes, job that pays the bills and bought me this means for blogging my headclearing whining about it. There, I can see more than the one side.

Always the same rushing about at month-ending. Every month-ending. From the day the previous month-ending done, preparing for the next. Head office accountants figuring every last bit of the current month's business must be finalized this one day. Not fun. How could anybody?...Okay, maybe an accountant might call it fun.

Or a gamer. Yeah, so okay, I admit for me it's not usually my blackest day. Month-ending's usually like a puzzle to be navigated. I have this to do, connected with what will be month-ending. I also have all this. The game's trying to find the tick'tocks of time for doing it all. And I can.

It was only so...unsatisfying to finish it this time. This long, brain-burning Friday. Funny, in fact, how busy it's been. In this much-blabbed about economic downturn.

I don't wanna go there.

I did finish my next chapter for Bolsheviki's Mage Hunting. Escape from Mages' School. Almost done Thursday night. Editing. But stuck: the beginning not right. Figured I might just sleep on it, as they say. And it came to me during my breakfast oats and tea, as I trusted it might. Quant so worried for reckless Steiffa that he can't sleep, takes his pre-dawn walk, more or less resolved to do a reckless thing himself. Poor old soul.

I posted it, too. First thing Friday morn. Before work, and all that. Even saw Bolsheviki log in for a look. No chance I could've said Hi, tho.

No comments: