Saturday, December 3, 2011

Repose



Just fifteen wants I want. One for every day and eve the second half of this past NaNo lost to the job I must love so much I simply couldn't tear myself away from it.

I want rest.

I want to play again, Fallout 3, or Mass Effect, or Dragon Age Origins, or good ol' Morrowind, or just four or five Sudoku, or hunt the skies over Europe in a Hurricane in IL-2 Sturmovik.

I want Protagonize, and to protagonize with protagonizers I know and the new ones I shall meet.

I want my Music Mondays, and Melody Gardot singing Baby I'm a Fool in a bubble bath with her glasses on.

I want those fifteen days back, you hear!

I want a time machine, yeah.

I want to wink back and forth through time and take notes, and snap pictures, and have lots of batteries, a solar charger in my MEC knapsack, and megalo-terrabyte memory cards for the camera, o'yeah.

I want to meet famous people, and be an inexplicable puzzle across history's portraits and black-and-white souvenir snapshots.

I want to be Zelig, or Woody Allen, only taller.

I want to drag young Adolph from 1919 along with me, back-packing India, to broaden his mind, and convince him his future lies in commercial art.

I want a Swiss bank account, which has been amassing interest for as long as those Europeans have been honouring Switzerland's unique standing of neutrality.

I want world peace.

I want something Chinese for dinner tonight.

I want a really nice tea.

I want to write.

2 comments:

Cathryn Leigh said...

Tea! Oh noes, mine's been sitting on the counter for like an hour steeping and growing cold! Hope I don't get knocked out by the cinnamon. :}

I'm going to take those last five. I like them.

Burndtree said...

I LIKE tea steeped so long it's dark and strong as coffee.

Cold tea with cinnamon...hmmm, I dunno.
Could be tasty.
Unlike chewing gum spiked with fiery cinnamon. I call that just plain wrong.

---

You are most welcome to those last five, Elo.
If you ever, I dunno, happen upon a time machine, though, I would like to borrow it. Just for a moment.